Coronavirus dashboard: Catch up fast
- Health: Coronavirus may have been in U.S. in December 2019, study finds — Hospital crisis deepens as holiday season nears.
- Politics: Bipartisan group of senators unveil $908 billion COVID stimulus proposal — FDA chief was called to West Wing to explain why agency hasn't moved faster on vaccine — The words that actually persuade people on the pandemic
- Vaccine: Moderna to file for FDA emergency use authorization — Vaccinating rural America won't be easy — Being last in the vaccine queue is young people's next big COVID test.
- States: Cuomo orders emergency hospital protocols as New York's COVID capacity dwindles.
- World: European regulators to assess first COVID-19 vaccine by Dec. 29
- 🎧 Podcast: The state of play of the top vaccines.
- Global: Total confirmed cases as of 12 p.m. ET Tuesday: 63,478,019 — Total deaths: 1,472,917 — Total recoveries: 40,760,630 — Map.
- U.S.: Total confirmed cases as of 12 p.m. ET Tuesday: 13,566,283 — Total deaths: 268,662 — Total recoveries: 5,146,319 — Total tests: 192,769,788 — Map.
What should I do? Axios asked the experts:
- Which states mandate face coverings
- When you can be around others after contracting the coronavirus
- Traveling, asthma, dishes, disinfectants and being contagious
- Masks, lending books and self-isolating
- Exercise, laundry, what counts as soap
- Pets, moving and personal health
- Answers about the virus from Axios experts
- What to know about social distancing
- How to minimize your risk
Subscribe to Mike Allen's Axios AM to follow our coronavirus coverage each morning from your inbox.